Thursday, June 10, 2010

Work Bag

Okay so I recently started a new job where I work outdoors. So I wanted to get a lightweight, synthetic tote bag that could fit a lot of stuff. Leather really isn't an option because it weighs too much and isn't weather proof.

So I bought a Dooney and Bourke bag, the Gwenny large tote. It is nylon, has two main compartments, and has a ton of pockets. Pockets, pockets, pockets. The bag was so functional for work. But... it just wasn't that cute:( It is a great alternative to the Longchamp though. It is nylon, well made, lightweight, and it has similar leather trims. Despite it's functionality, I returned it.

Dooney and Bourke Gwenny Tote- It's a return



So I ended up with my original idea, a black Longchamp Pliage. Unfortunately it has only one small pocket. But IMO it is more attractive than the Dooney. And I much prefer how it sits against my body when I'm wearing it. I don't let junk float around my bags, so I hope it isn't that hard to keep organized. I keep pens and my cell phone in the pocket. Yes, it would be nice to have other pockets for keys, sunglasses, and my wallet. But I love it:) This will also be used as a knitting bag when I'm over using it for work. I never really got why people love their Longchamps so much until now!


Longchamp Le Pliage- Its a keeper!


Me with the Longchamp

Outfit
Tank, vintage
Skirt, Forever 21
Bracelets, Forever 21
Flip flops, Banana Republic
Bag, Longchamp


What's in my bag?
My Finsbury A5 Filofax
work notebook
knitting project bag (this was embroidered for my wedding to give as favors and serve as shoe bags for guests who wanted to go barefoot in the sand)
pens
Louis Vuitton Zippy wallet
keys
gray wrap cardigan
Rayban sunglasses in case
Lesportsac makeup case

2 comments:

  1. You look great with the Le Pliage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I love it so much. I"m having fun trying it on with different outfits.

    ReplyDelete