Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Little Gardening







I don't have much of a green thumb. It's sad. My mom and dad both do and I can remember being very small and helping them in the garden. I loved it. Maybe I just need a little practice. Since we moved into this house I had big plans for my gardening. I wanted to plant fruits and vegetables. I was so excited. Only to have my big plans thwarted when I bought my first herb plants. Dexter ate them all within days. His favorite was the cilantro. It was our favorite too! He ate those plants first. Our neighbors Katie and Andrew just moved and left me some potted plants. So I brought them into the backyard and forgot about Dexter's taste for plants. Dexter went outside for exactly two minutes before I remembered. That rosemary didn't have a chance! He ate it. Anyhow, in order to avoid Dexter eating everything I've decided I'm going to try to put a few plants on the front porch. Dexter doesn't hang out in front. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment