Monday, February 15, 2010

New Respect for the Biathlon!




I love the Olympics. I can remember watching them as a young child and being fascinated and amazed. This year I have a new love and respect for the biathlon. I never paid too much attention to it until now. Yes, it can be a bit boring to watch at times but once the athletes get to closer towards the end you really see how much endurance the sport requires. The front runners in the pack are exerting so much towards the end they remind me of Phoebe running. Then when they cross the finish line, around half of them just collapse from exhaustion! Jeff and i just loved watching Vincent Jay, the Frenchie, cross the finish line and then hit the deck! He and the others in the front of the pack all pretty much collapsed immediately. We're having so much Olympic fun this year:)

No comments:

Post a Comment