Sunday, February 14, 2010

Another Good Love Story for Valentine's Day


Ohhhh I LOVE a good love story. I had never heard about Shen and Zhao until tonight when they skated in the pairs short program. This married Chinese couple are 31 and 36 years old. They met at ages 13 and 18 when they were paired to skate together. The pair remained friends throughout their career. In 2006 Zhao tore his achilles tendon. After his surgery their relationship evolved into a romance. Remarkably he recovered fully and they made a comeback. Soon after, he proposed to her on the ice. Now after 18 years as a skating pair, this couple have their eyes set on the gold medal. After seeing the story and how these two have sacrificed for their Olympic dream I knew I would be rooting for them. When they took the ice and their song, "Who Wants to Live Forever" began playing I knew I would forever be a fan! Tonight they finished in first position and broke a world record for the most points in the short program. They skated absolutely beautifully and I can't wait to see them in the free skate.

No comments:

Post a Comment