Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valley Girl


I went to the valley yesterday. I have what I call a "valley day" every month or so where I go take care of my errands there like Costco, Ikea, sometimes Target, and usually a yarn shop Unwind. I'm lucky to have amazing yarn shops where I live but it's always fun to go different places.

First stop was Ikea. We need a new comforter but I really had no idea what to get. Ikea breaks them down into warmth ratings from 1-6, 1 being the coolest and 6 being the warmest. I'm a 3, my husband is a 2. Besides that, i really didnt want to spend a ton of money on this since my dog (Dexter) gets on our bed all day. If he isn't sunbathing on the deck, he is on our bed. He ruins the comforters pretty quickly so I wasn't about to get a 100% down comforter. And also, I was pretty annoyed that I was doing this alone. As a housewife, I'm pretty happy to take care of all of the errands I can successfully on my own. That doesn't work when I have things on my To Do List that I need Jeff's help with. Somehow those things don't get done. So I just try to do them myself. But choosing a comforter is something I prefer to have Jeff with me for since he is by far pickier than I am with his bedding. So anyhow, I chose a 2 to make him happy and we used it last night and he gave it a thumbs up today. So it did work!

Second (and last stop) was Costco. I could spend so much time at Costco. I love it. The highlights of my Costco trip were that I found a new dog bed that I liked. I just bought one. We'll see which dog takes to it, or if both do, before we buy another.

The other highlight was running into a girl who had a Rainbow Sprite! The Sprites were Rainbow Brite's little friends. She had a doll that was identical to the one I had as a child. How cute!


2 comments:

  1. I love Costco too! I love trying all the samples and they have the best hot dogs. I'm glad the comforter was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that reminds me I left Costco so late i bought pizza slices and a hot dog for dinner!

    ReplyDelete