Monday, March 29, 2010

Russian Roulette

New Color of Yarn
copy

The Loop
copy

Pulling Through the Loop
copy

Joined!
copy

I learned this technique on knittinghelp.com. Click HERE for the Russian Join video. You will have to scroll about halfway down the page and then under "Joining a New Color Yarn" you will find the "Russian Join." The technique is very simple and all you need is a darning needle. I love knittinghelp.com videos. I'm still a beginner and I love learning new techniques. With pretty much every new project I do I am still learning new things! Sorry the pics aren't that great. I was in the midst of doing it when I realized I would love to take pics to do a post about this useful join. I also do not have a photo to show the result of the join into the work. My favorite part of this join is that you don't have any ends to weave in.

Russian Join
Skill Level: Easy
Needed: One darning needle
Uses: Joining a new color (or same color) of yarn
Pros: Best for joining when felting isn't an option, so for cotton, synthetics, etc.
No ends to weave in!
Good for projects that don't have a no show side
Cons: Need to have a darning needle on hand

No comments:

Post a Comment